Executive: Livestock Procurement
Back to listDate Posted
12 Dec 2018
04 Jan 2019
Days Left before deadline
THE MEAT CORPORATION OF NAMIBIA (MEATCO)
Meatco, an equal opportunity employer, is a progressive organisation involved in the production, processing, upgrading and marketing of red meat and associated by-products.
Executive: Livestock Procurement (Five-year employment contract)
· Main Purpose of the Job:
Plan, Set and Direct the Livestock Procurement strategy for Meatco. Establish reliable supply and backup sources to ensure uninterrupted production. Set the most optimum price policy for livestock purchases. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The incumbent is responsible for inter alia the following Key Performance Areas/Outputs:
1. Strategic planning, coordinating and controlling the total livestock procurement plan of Meatco.
2. Pricing function and policy by determining prices and considering all variables in the National and International Market.
3. Acts as liaison between Meat Board and Meatco regarding special needs for quotas and all other aspects regarding provision.
4. Establish reliable supply sources and backup sources to ensure uninterrupted production through Feedlots.
5. Generate & Increase the Corporations Profit Margins: Develop, recommend and coordinate pricing strategies and other variables that increase the Corporations Profit Margins.
6. Manpower Management: In consultation with the Human Resources Department, plan activities and structure of the Livestock Procurement Unit to meet operational needs and execute the livestock procurement plan of Meatco.
7. Build and improve stakeholder relations.
1. A relevant Hon. Degree in Agriculture or related studies;
2. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
3. 10 years of relevant experience in the Namibian meat industry, including five years in Senior Managerial Role;
4. Experience in FMCG or manufacturing entities preferable;
5. Strong organisational and management skills;
6. Business Acumen; Strategic Thinking; Problem Solving/Analysis; Financial Management; Customer/Client Focus; Communication Proficiency; and Time Management Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
7. Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software);
8. Good Understanding of Contract Laws;
9. Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player; and
10. Must be a Namibian Citizen.
The Closing Date is: 04th January 2019
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV which reflects career outline to date should be forwarded to:
Meatco Namibia or Hand delivered to:
Human Resources Department Meatco Head Office at Sheffield Street
P.O. Box 3881 Northern Industrial Area
Windhoek Human Resources Department
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND NO DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED.
Meatco is an equal opportunity employer and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are especially invited to apply.