Group Financial Accountant
Back to listDate Posted
02 Feb 2019
22 Feb 2019
Days Left before deadline
THE MEAT CORPORATION OF NAMIBIA (MEATCO)
Meatco, an equal opportunity employer, is a progressive organisation involved in the production, processing, upgrading and marketing of red meat and associated by-products.
Meatco has the following vacancy: Group Financial Accountant
· Main Purpose of the Job:
Is responsible to assist the Group Chief Financial Officer with the financial management and control of the Meatco group by means of financial resource planning and in terms of laid-down policies, the supply of an effective and functional accounting service by developing as well as implementing and maintaining proper systems and procedures. Advises the Group Chief Financial Officer and other members of management with regards to financial systems and operational financial management. Reports to the Group Chief Financial Officer.
The incumbent is responsible for inter alia the following Key Performance Areas/Outputs:
1. Financial Management: Assist the Group Chief Financial Officer with financial management responsibilities of the group.
2. Financial Reporting: Is responsible for the correctness and timeliness of group financial reporting on macro- and micro-levels according to required format.
3. Corporation Annual Budget: Prepare, manage, maintain and control the procedures for an effective system of budgetary control.
4. Auditing: Coordinate all preparation work for audit by preparing financial statements for every division / subsidiary and ensuring that audit files are prepared according to pre-determined standards.
5. Cash Flow Management & Bank Accounts: Ensure that sufficient cash is continuously available to meet day-to-day requirements of the group.
6. Protection of Assets: Maintain proper record of group assets and investments.
7. Income Tax: Is responsible for completing and lodging all group tax-related information and assessments.
8. Procurement Management Unit: Manage and regulate the procurement of goods and services at Meatco within the Public Procurement Act 15 of 2015.
9. Manpower: In consultation with the Human Resources Department, plan activities and structure of the Finance Department to meet operational needs.
10. Special Projects: Carries out special projects and assignments in broad financial and planning areas upon request of the Group Chief Financial Officer.
1. Honours Degree in Finance/Accounting with completed articles at a reputable Audit Firm;
2. Chartered Accountant Qualification will be an added advantage;
3. 5+ years of experience, including two years in Senior Managerial Role;
4. Experience in manufacturing and or marketing entities preferable;
5. Strong organizational and management skills;
6. Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables;
7. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product;
8. Ability to meet and establish deadlines;
9. Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
10. Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software);
11. Experience in forecasting and budgeting;
12. Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player; and
13. Must be a Namibian Citizen.
The Closing Date is: 22 February 2019
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV which reflects career outline to date should be forwarded to:
Meatco Namibia or Hand delivered to:
Human Resources Department Meatco Head Office at Sheffield Street
P.O. Box 3881 Northern Industrial Area
Windhoek Human Resources Department
NO E-MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND NO DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED.
Meatco is an equal opportunity employer and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are especially invited to apply.